Since 1964 Tibbits Summer Theatre has filled the historic stage with the excitement of great professional theatre by its resident summer stock company. It attracts thousands of people through its doors each year and has built an outstanding reputation for quality entertainment. USA Today called it one of “10 great places to see the lights way off Broadway.”
Generations of families have created memories through Summer Theatre and its companion, Popcorn Theatre for families. Tibbits hires and assembles the entire company of actors, musicians, directors, designers, technical crew to create the best possible stock theatre.
2016 Summer Theatre Season
- “Driving Miss Daisy” – June 16-25
Drama by Alfred Uhry
- “Oklahoma! – July 7-16
Much-loved classic musical by Rodgers and Hammerstein
- “Addams Family the Musical” – July 28-Aug.6
Enter the macabre home of Gomez and Morticia Addams as they scrutinize Wednesday’s new love interest.
- “Boeing-Boeing” – Aug 11-20
Hilarious farce set in 1960s Paris, introduces swinging bachelor Bernard as he strings along three airline stewardesses.
The 2016 season opens June 16 and runs through August 20.
Popcorn Theatre opens June 24 and runs through August 13 with live, professional theatre for children and families featuring fun adaptations of classic children’s stories and touring artists.
For more information and the Popcorn Theatre schedule:Tibbits for Young Audiences
AM 1590/FM 95.5 WTVB proudly supports Tibbits Summer Theatre as the media sponsor for the season.
2016 Summer Theatre Playbill
POSTS ABOUT 2016 TIBBITS PROFESSIONAL SUMMER THEATRE
- Oklahoma! – Encore Michigan Review (7/9/2016) (7/11/2016)
- Driving Miss Daisy – Battle Creek Enquirer Review (6/17/2016) (7/11/2016)
- Oklahoma! – Battle Creek Enquirer Review (7/8/2016) (7/11/2016)
Professional Tibbits Summer Theatre Events
Press Releases For 2016 Tibbits Professional Summer Theatre
SUMMER THEATRE SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS
Tickets for each of the Summer Theatre performances can be purchased as a series Subscription – saving patrons almost 20% on the price of tickets. Once a Subscription has been purchased, holders have the option of keeping these seats from year to year. This is not only a terrific value but also a great way to hang onto those seats that you love! To learn more about Tibbits Summer Theatre Subscriptions please call the box office at 517-278-6029.
A Passbook of 6 tickets is an affordable and flexible option for patrons who want to save on Summer Theatre by buying multiple tickets for any combination of shows. Passbooks save patrons almost 10% off the regular ticket prices and can be used on any of the Summer Theatre performances. They can even be used all at once, for the same show, as long as they are purchased in advance of the show date. Reserve seats as you need them and the remaining tickets will be saved as vouchers for future use anytime during the summer season. To purchase a passbook, simply call the box office at 517-278-6029.
INDIVIDUAL TICKET SALES
Individual ticket sales for all Tibbits Summer Theatre go on sale April 1, 2016. These can be purchased online, by phone, or at the Tibbits Box Office. Online sales for tickets end 24 hours before show time – purchases can be made by phone or at the door up until show time.
The Box Office is located at 93 W. Chicago Street from September through April. (Open Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m). Please note that the Box Office will move to the Tibbits Opera House from May 1 – August 20. (Open Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and one hour before show time).
Individual tickets are $33 for the downstairs Orchestra section, $29 for the Lower Balcony, and $12 for General Admission seating in the Upper Balcony. Rates for students are $15.
The Odd Couple – Classic Neil Simon Comedy
Peter Pan– Musical for the child in all of us who dream of soaring high & never growing up
Pippin – The original captivating, mischievous, magical, humorous Broadway musical sensation
Alone Together Again – Hilarious Broadway comedy about would be empty -nesters whose parents move in.
- Alone Together Again | Battle Creek Enquirer Review (8/14/2015)
- Alone Together Again | Encore Michigan Review (8/8/2015)
- Tibbits Talk: Gloria Logan-Summer Theatre (8/4/2015)
- Tibbits Talk: Davis Wayne-Pippin-Tibbits Summer Theatre (7/28/2015)
- Pippin Review | Encore Michigan (7/25/2015)
- Pippin Review | Battle Creek Enquirer (7/24/2015)
- ‘Pippin’ plays large on Tibbits stage | Battle Creek Enquirer (7/22/2015)
- TIbbit Talk: Nick Raynor-Summer Theatre (7/21/2015)
- Tibbits Talk: Ashley Elizabeth Smith-Tibbits Summer Theatre (7/14/2015)
- Peter Pan | Encore Michigan (7/14/2015)
The Look of Love – Featuring the timeless songs of Burt Bacharach
A Chorus Line – One singular sensation of music and dance
Guys and Dolls – The underworld overflows with music, comedy & classic characters
Alone Together – Empty-nesters meet the boomerang generation
Posts about 2014 Tibbits Professional Summer Theatre
- WTVB (6/4/2015)
- Tibbits Summer Theatre receives 11 Wilde Award nominations (8/28/2014)
- Alone Together | The Daily Reporter Review (8/13/2014)
- Tibbits Talk: T.J. Besler-Tibbits Summer Theatre (8/12/2014)
- Alone Together | Battle Creek Enquirer Review (8/8/2014)
- Alone Together | Encore Michigan Review (8/8/2014)
- Tibbits Talk: Suzanne Marie Stewart & Stephen Moore “Alone Together” (8/5/2014)
- Rotary donates to Tibbits (7/30/2014)
- Tibbits Talk: Tyler Whiteman-Tibbits Summer Theatre (7/29/2014)
- A sure bet at Tibbits | Encore Michigan (7/25/2014)