As refreshing and thrilling as the day it was written, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Oklahoma! is a musical that celebrates the American frontier spirit of community, optimism and patriotism.
A timeless classic with boot-stomping energy and classic tunes such as “Oh What a Beautiful Mornin’,” “People Will Say We’re in Love,” “I Cain’t Say No,” “Oklahoma” and many more, making this a musical that will thrill audiences young and old.
Set in a Western Indian Territory just after the turn of the century, the high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides the colorful background against which Curly, a handsome cowboy, and Laurey, a winsome farm girl, play out their love story. Although the road to true love never runs smooth, with these two headstrong romantics holding the reins, love’s journey is as bumpy as a surrey ride down a country road. That they will succeed in making a new life together we have no doubt, and that this new life will begin in a brand-new state provides the ultimate climax to the triumphant OKLAHOMA!
Sponsored by Coldwater Board of Public Utilities
POSTS ABOUT 2016 TIBBITS PROFESSIONAL SUMMER THEATRE
- Oklahoma! – Encore Michigan Review (7/9/2016) (7/11/2016)
- Oklahoma! – Battle Creek Enquirer Review (7/8/2016) (7/11/2016)
[ai1ec cat_name=”oklahoma-2016″ view=”agenda” ]
Tibbits prides itself on offering a diverse selection of arts entertainment for our community. Not all productions may appeal to or be appropriate for every person or for all ages. Therefore, patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the shows we offer in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
- Curly – Taylor Eliason
- Laurey – Catherine Skojec
- Aunt Eller – Gloria Logan
- Jud Fry – Mitch Voss
- Ado Annie – Jacklyn Collins
- Will Parker – Drew Porrett
- Ali Hakim – Joey Gugliemelli
- Andrew Carnes – Charles Burr
- Ike Skidmore – Sean Thomas Noonan
- Dream Laurey – Maureen Duke
- Dream Curly – Timothy Eidman
- Gertie Cummings – Michelle Carter
- Cord Elam – William Thomason
- Ensemble – Alec Talbott, Ben Shimkus, Cesar Razza, Jennifer Barnaba, Emma Thomas, Sarah Stiner
2016 Summer Theatre Season
- “Driving Miss Daisy” – June 16-25
Drama by Alfred Uhry
- “Oklahoma! – July 7-16
Much-loved classic musical by Rodgers and Hammerstein
- “Addams Family the Musical” – July 28-Aug.6
Enter the macabre home of Gomez and Morticia Addams as they scrutinize Wednesday’s new love interest.
- “Boeing-Boeing” – Aug 11-20
Hilarious farce set in 1960s Paris, introduces swinging bachelor Bernard as he strings along three airline stewardesses.
Popcorn Theatre opens June 16 and runs through August 20 with live, professional theatre for children and families featuring fun adaptations of classic children’s stories and touring artists.