Newsletter dated August 15, 2016Fun & exciting opportunity awaits those interested in donating their time and talent to the Tibbits. Our volunteers range from 8 to 98. They include students, retired persons, stay-at-home parents, and people employed in occupations as diverse as the volunteers themselves. There are over 30 fields of interest that require a small army of volunteers to help keep the Tibbits running efficiently. This dedicated group of heroes are organized and managed through the Tibbits Boosters Organization.
Volunteer of the Month
Each month a volunteer is selected to be honored.
Volunteer of the Year
Each year in March, volunteers are nominated to be volunteer of the year. It is a surprise announced at the Volunteer Reception held each spring.
- Linda Lintner (2016)
- Linda Ives (2015)
- Vera Renshaw (2014)
- Waive Wardwell (2013)
- Marisue Taylor (2012)
- Jean Swart (2011)
- Sabrina Aughenbaugh (2010)
- Connie and Paul Winbigler (2009)
- Mary Smith (2008)
- Ruth Scheidler (2007)
- Steve and Julia Littley (2006)
- Karen Hargreave and Haley Smith (2005)
- Lois Voss (2004)
- Joan Spaulding (2003)
- The person volunteers at TIBBITS.
- Previous winners are ineligible.
- The number of hours worked is not as important as a willingness to “do-what-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done attitude” with a smile on their face!
A Booster Newsletter is provided via email. Volunteers are thanked, new opportunities to volunteer are explained, and Tibbits information is shared.
A Volunteer Reception is held each spring. All volunteers are invited. Pins are awarded at this time. A Volunteer of the Year is honored. Refreshments and entertainment are provided.