Just A Theatre
Built in 1882, Tibbits Opera House is the Center for the Arts and Entertainment in Coldwater Country/Pure Michigan. Enjoy year-round entertainment from professional theatre and concerts to community events and children’s theatre. Beyond the exquisite facade is an intimate 500-seat theatre with excellent acoustics. Browse the art gallery and gift shop before the show or at intermission. Come enjoy the show!
Our OFFICES at 93 W. Chicago are OPEN!
Horray! We can open the theatre with limited capacity!
FALL EVENTS include:
- Board Match Fundraiser Challenge: Sept 1-Oct 31 DONATE NOW!
- Arts Alive “Once Upon a Time” Exhibit
- MonsterFest 2020 Oct 31, 7pm *in theatre!
- Tibbits Auction: Nov 3-7 *online
- Arts Alive “A Chair Affair” Art Installation & Fundraiser
We have added Plexiglas at points of sale and are taking additional cleaning steps to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff. We will be following all Covid procedures and remind patrons to practice social distancing and wear a mask.
The Coronavirus situation hit us too. We rely heavily on ticket sales to keep us going. Even with no events in the building this spring/early summer, there were (and are!) still bills to pay. Please consider helping Tibbits now.
- You can make a tax-deductible donation by clicking HERE.
- You can become a member if you aren’t already by selecting THIS LINK. Find out about member perks HERE!
- You can buy tickets for upcoming online events by checking out our calendar HERE.
- You can buy a gift certificate for yourself or a friend, by selecting THIS LINK.
We always say that we couldn’t do it without you … and now it’s truer than ever. Thank you for your support and patience as we do our part to keep our community healthy and strong.
Be Safe! Be Kind! Be Hopeful!
Tibbits has developed an outstanding reputation for its professional Summer Theatre. USA Today called it one of “10 great places to see the lights way off Broadway.” For families, Tibbits offers Popcorn Theatre, classic stories presented by the professional resident company or magic shows, touring artists or a classic cartoon cavalcade on Fridays and Saturdays from mid-June through early August.
From professional touring tribute bands, to blues to folk to classical, theatre, comedians and celebrities, Tibbits offers great entertainment year-round with something for every taste. Events such as annual auction and a golf outing provide funds to supplement the daily maintenance and operations.
Tibbits Young Audiences (TYA), which produces two shows yearly with a full cast of about 50 students, the youth group Tibbits Theatre and Beyond (T-TAB), and a collaborative effort with area schools provide students an enjoyable introduction to the world of theatre.
From the first moving picture machines, through the Golden Age of Hollywood, Tibbits Opera House was there with the flickering images of moving pictures. Join us as we celebrate the era with FREE film double features every month from October to May.
This local arts organization is responsible for exhibits displayed in Tibbits’ art gallery, the downtown art walks, the Art of the Holidays event, Kids’ Art Rocks! student art contest, and other community art projects.
In addition to the programs sponsored by Tibbits, the theatre is used frequently by community groups presenting shows, concerts, recitals, and a variety of other programs. Through these organizations, the community has numerous opportunities to participate in the performing arts.
- Tibbits receives MCACA grant awards October 19, 2020
- ARTISTS SOUGHT FOR “A CHAIR AFFAIR” ART FUNDRAISER October 16, 2020
- Bill Trebilcock Named August Volunteer of the Month September 30, 2020