Just A Theatre
Built in 1882, Tibbits Opera House is the Center for the Arts and Entertainment in Coldwater Country/Pure Michigan. Enjoy year-round entertainment from professional theatre and concerts to community events and children’s theatre. Beyond the exquisite facade is an intimate 500-seat theatre with excellent acoustics. Browse the art gallery and gift shop before the show or at intermission. Come enjoy the show!
Our OFFICES at 93 W. Chicago are CURRENTLY OPEN! The box office at the theatre is open one hour prior to all performances. To best serve customers, Tibbits staff requests visitors call 517-278-6029 first.
Please visit our CALENDAR for ALL upcoming events, including:
- Pansophia Drama Society presents Ghost Hunt
- TYA’s play Comic Book Artist
- Tibbits Classic Film Series presents: Film showing of Hocus Pocus!
- Annual Benefit Auction: Auction at the Opera House, a Phantom-Inspired Masquerade! SILENT AUCTION Nov 2-6; LIVE AUCTION Nov 6
- Tibbits Entertainment Series presents Siberian Solstice
We are taking additional cleaning steps to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff. Learn about our new air purifying system HERE. If you are ill or experiencing any symptoms, please DO NOT attend a performance. Click HERE to view our rescheduling and refund policy.
We always say that we couldn’t do it without you … and these past two years it has been truer than ever. Thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we do our part to keep our community healthy and strong while still bringing you great entertainment!
Please consider helping Tibbits:
- You can make a tax-deductible donation by clicking HERE.
- You can become a member if you aren’t already by selecting THIS LINK. Find out about member perks HERE!
- You can buy tickets for upcoming online events by checking out our calendar HERE.
- You can buy a gift certificate for yourself or a friend, by selecting THIS LINK.
Be Safe! Be Kind! Be Hopeful!
Tibbits has developed an outstanding reputation for its professional Summer Theatre. USA Today called it one of “10 great places to see the lights way off Broadway.” For families, Tibbits offers Popcorn Theatre, classic stories presented by the professional resident company or magic shows, touring artists or a classic cartoon cavalcade on Fridays and Saturdays from mid-June through early August.
From professional touring tribute bands, to blues to folk to classical, theatre, comedians and celebrities, Tibbits offers great entertainment year-round with something for every taste. Events such as annual auction and a golf outing provide funds to supplement the daily maintenance and operations.
Tibbits Young Audiences (TYA), which produces two shows yearly with a full cast of about 50 students, the youth group Tibbits Theatre and Beyond (T-TAB), and a collaborative effort with area schools provide students an enjoyable introduction to the world of theatre.
From the first moving picture machines, through the Golden Age of Hollywood, Tibbits Opera House was there with the flickering images of moving pictures. Join us as we celebrate the era with film double features and the Academy Award Nominated Shorts.
This local arts organization is responsible for the rotating themed exhibits displayed in Tibbits’ art gallery, including the annual Kids’ Art Rocks! student art contest. Previously, Arts Alive was also responsible for the downtown art walks, the Art of the Holidays event, and other community art projects.
In addition to the programs sponsored by Tibbits, the theatre is used frequently by community groups presenting shows, concerts, recitals, and a variety of other programs. Through these organizations, the community has numerous opportunities to participate in the performing arts.
- Tibbits Young Audiences Presents “Comic Book Artist” September 29, 2021
- Arts Alive Seeks Artists for ‘Holiday Leftovers’ Gallery Show September 28, 2021
- ‘HOCUS POCUS’ HIGHLIGHTS MONSTER FEST AT TIBBITS September 24, 2021