The following release is forwarded by Tibbits Opera Foundation & Arts Council as a service to our local arts community.
The Branch County Community Band is currently looking for new members to join their group and start rehearsals in January 2022 to perform a concert at the Tibbits Opera House in Coldwater on April 1.
The BCCB provides an opportunity for musicians who have played a wind or percussion instrument during high school or college years to continue playing and performing. BCCB provides music which is challenging and appealing to the membership as well as meeting the artistic and cultural needs of the community at large. Two concerts a year are performed at the Tibbits Opera House.
Players are needed in all sections and no audition is required. Here are some reasons to join:
- It’s a good way to keep up your musical skills and do something for the community.
- It’s fun.
- It’s challenging to play new or difficult music.
- It’s better than watching TV.
- It’s a great way to meet new people who share the same interest in music.
- It’s free music lessons.
- Playing music reduces stress.
- A study of adults who play music in later years says it keeps the brain “tuned”.
So, take that instrument out of the closet and join the Branch County Community Band. Rehearsals are Monday evenings in the Quincy High School band room. Call Karen at 517-639-4595 for more information.