OUR 2020 SEASON…
All performances will be fully-staged readers theater, cabaret or concert-style.
Sing Happy * July 9-11
Best of Broadway Hits from the Past 50 Years
A Popped Potpourri* July 16-18
Family Favorites of Songs, Stories and Silliness
When Radio was King * July 23-25
Recreating the Golden Age of Radio
Love Letters * July 30, 31, Aug.1
Revelations of a Lifetime of Correspondence
Man of La Mancha * Aug 5-7, Aug 13-15
Don Quixote’s Inspirational and Impossible Dream
What Mad Pursuit * Aug 19, 20, 22
Spun from the Comic Short Story of Noel Coward
It Started with Eve * Aug 27-29
Fun Snippets of Relationships through the Decades
A Unique Summer Theatre Season
We at Tibbits have been working very hard to “Keep Theatre Alive” even while the doors of the opera house are closed. As we look to the summer, we feel VERY strongly that Tibbits has a role to play helping lift the community. Months of isolation and tech-focused entertainment has created a craving for LIVE entertainment. The board and staff of Tibbits want to serve our community to meet that need.
There will be Summer Theatre at Tibbits Opera House this July and August, however, it will look very different. We want to address the safety of our patrons as well as our performers, with proper social distancing in the seating, on the stage and back stage.
With a very small company of performers and crew we will present a unique schedule worthy of the reputation Tibbits Summer Theatre has established over the past 56 years. The shows, for this year, will not have full sets or live orchestras. They will have great talent and many familiar faces. They won’t be full productions, but you will still be fulfilled…able to smile, laugh, tap your toe and maybe escape for a period of time. We will still have something for our youngest patrons even if it isn’t popcorn at intermission.
For all of this we will be slashing our prices, providing great value. Our plans still assume that by July we will be allowed to again gather within the theatre.
Please stand with us for an exceptional Summer Theatre. We want to be there for you and with you.
Tibbits Executive Director
- Sing Happy (July 9-11)
- A Popped Potpourri (July 16-18)
- When Radio Was King (July 23-25)
- Love Letters (July 30, 31, Aug 1)
- Man of La Mancha (Aug 5-7, 13-15)
- What Mad Pursuit (Aug 19, 20, 22)
- It Started With Eve (Aug 27-29)
- Tibbits Airs Radio Memories From a Bygone Era With Grit and Style Encore MI Review (7/26/20)
TST Show Offers ‘Insane’ Hope in a Crazy World Coldwater Daily Reporter Review (8/6/20)
- Ken Ludwig’s Be My Baby (June 20-22, 26-29)
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (July 5-7, 10-13)
- West Side Story (July 25-27, 31, Aug 1-3)
- See How They Run (Aug 8-10, 14-17)
- Plus a special fall performance of Next to Normal (Sept 6-8, 12-14)
- ‘Be My Baby’ at Tibbits is Old-School Romance Encore MI Review (6/27/19)
- Tibbits’ “Dreamcoat” Shows Its Many Colors Encore MI Review (7/23/19)
- ‘West Side Story’ Continues Tonight at Tibbits Opera House Coldwater Daily Reporter (7/27/19)
- “Next to Normal” on Stage at Tibbits Coldwater Daily Reporter (9/7/19)
- “Next to Normal” Worth the Drive to Coldwater KPC Media (9/11/19)
- Tibbits’ Next to Normal Intense and Powerful Encore MI Review (9/23/19)
*Mixed Emotions (June 14-16, 20-23)
*Jesus Christ Superstar (June 28-July 1, July 5-7)
*A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder (July 19-21, 25-28)
*Resident Alien (Aug 2-4, 8-11)
- ‘Mixed Emotions’ premiers today Coldwater Daily Reporter Review (June 14, 2018)
- ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ Rocks the Tibbits KPC Media Review (July 3, 2018)
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder’ is a must see performance at Tibbits Opera House Coldwater Daily Reporter Review (July 20, 2018)
- Tibbits’ ‘Gentleman’s Guide’ delicious and delightful Encore MI Review (July 21, 2018)
- The Cemetery Club – A touching story of starting life anew by Ivan Menchell.
- Damn Yankees – The musical with “Heart!” based on the novel “The Year the Yankees Lost the Pennant.”
- Footloose – Rock-and-roll musical based on the hit 1984 film.
- Ken Ludwig’s The Fox on the Fairway – Ken Ludwig’s comical swing on the golf course with mistaken identities, a foxy fiance, and an unfortunate wager.
- Tibbits journeys to the cemetery with three spry widows. Encore MI Review (June 19, 2017)
- ‘The Cemetery Club,’ a must see Coldwater Daily Reporter Review (June 18, 2017)
- Tibbits’ ‘Damn Yankees’ has a lot of Heart Encore MI Review (July 8, 2017)
- Tibbits Lets Loose with ‘Footloose’ Encore MI Review (July 31, 2017)
- Tibbits hits an ace with ‘Fox on the Fairway’ Encore MI Review (August 11, 2017)
Footloose, 2017. Photo courtesy of Mike Gorecki/SPI Photo
- Driving Miss Daisy – Drama by Alfred Uhry
Oklahoma! – Much-loved classic musical by Rodgers and Hammerstein
- Addams Family the Musical – Enter the macabre home of Gomez and Morticia Addams as they scrutinize Wednesday’s new love interest.
- Boeing-Boeing – Hilarious farce set in 1960s Paris, introduces swinging bachelor Bernard as he strings along three airline stewardesses.
- Addams Family Battle Creek Enquirer – (07-29-2016)
- Addams Family Encore Michigan – (07-29-2016)
- Driving Miss Daisy – The Sturgis Journal (06/17/2016)
- Driving Miss Daisy Battle Creek Enquirer – (06-17-2016)
- Driving Miss Daisy Encore Michigan – (06-18-2016)
- Boeing Boeing – Encore Michigan (09-14-2016)
- The Odd Couple – Classic Neil Simon Comedy
- Peter Pan– Musical for the child in all of us who dream of soaring high & never growing up
- Pippin – The original captivating, mischievous, magical, humorous Broadway musical sensation
- Alone Together Again – Hilarious Broadway comedy about would be empty -nesters whose parents move in.
- The Look of Love – Featuring the timeless songs of Burt Bacharach
- A Chorus Line – One singular sensation of music and dance
- Guys and Dolls – The underworld overflows with music, comedy & classic characters
- Alone Together – Empty-nesters meet the boomerang generation